A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 18 April 2016

Week 1-3


Hello everyone! 

I´m interning at Junkyard AB (www.junkyard.se), which is an online company that sell shoes, clothes and accessories. They have three key words that they follow, which are street, sports and fashion. I´m at their office located in Gothenburg and I’m interning as an assistant buyer where I work with their three internal brands.


The first three weeks have been interesting and I feel like I have got more of an insight in what a buyer does. My ambitions for the first three weeks were to increase my understanding in what a daily task is for a buyer, and I have! I´ve learned how their buying program works, how to talk to suppliers, order handling and much more. I have also worked with inquires and learned how that works. Also, I have been to their office in Trollhättan and worked with a few pair of jeans. In the end of the third week, I made a competitive analysis where I looked at prices, products and campaigns of competitors here in Gothenburg.

The fourth week is here and I’m in the process of planning my report while interning full time. I’m finding it hard to come up with a theory because I’m not sure what to write about and because of the lack of time.  Although I feel stressed, it’s a lot of fun and I’m excited to learn more!  

Best regards,
Lina Forsman 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.