A blog from the University of Borås

Thursday 14 April 2016

First weeks of the Internship

Post 1, Nina Brodin
Last week I started my Internship at a small marketing & licensing agency in Valencia, a city located by the sea in the east of Spain. It is a very beautiful city and the company I am working for has their office in the middle of the center among the shopping streets, with the big shopping center El Corte Inglés as its neighbour. During my first day I had a meeting with the boss to talk about their projects and how I can be of help, and he told me that they were expecting me to come with suggestions on how they can improve their work and it made me super nervous. How could I, as a student with close to no experience, come up with new ideas to someone who has 20 years experience of the industry? 
Anyway, the company is working with different projects and we decided that I will start working with one project to begin with. They are working with a fashion brand that wants to develop their use of social media as a marketing tool and I have found it very interesting so far. And believe it or not, I had a few ideas about how it could be done that I presented to my boss, the marketing manager and the creative director in the end of last week. And they decided to go on with my ideas which of course feels great! I guess I have to thank all the teachers who made us come up with new ideas fast during the lectures😆 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.