A blog from the University of Borås

Friday 14 May 2021

21st Century Tailoring - (2/3)

Hello everyone, 

I hope you're all doing great and that you have some time to enjoy the nice spring weather (finally!). 

My days are busy at Blugiallo and right now they mostly consist of analyzing the data gathered in the survey and preparing for presenting it for the company and their business developers. The survey resulted in 500+ completed answers, which will hopefully generate valuable insights that can help drive business modifications in the requested direction. It's been a bit of coding and analyzing to do (including overcoming my fear of SPSS...) but it's great to see the enthusiasm and engagement among all the respondents. 

I have never done a quantitative study like this one before, so there were some concerns before starting the project. The biggest challenge was for me to distribute the survey to non-customers. We really wanted to reach those potential future customers, like law students for example, but we didn't know how to. It was tricky because Blugiallo was using their channels to distribute the survey, via social media or email marketing for example, but many of those are already customers or at least very familiar with the brand, and thus the figures customers/non-customers were very unequal percentage-wise. Ultimately, my solution to this problem was to write individual messages to all the guys I'm friends with on Facebook and Instagram and then move on to repeat the procedure on my boyfriend's, mom's, dad's, and sister's accounts. When I closed the survey a few days later, we had reached a number of 51% customers and 49% non-customers. VERY satisfied with that number! 

Once all the analyzes are done and presented, I will fully focus on the report. 

Looking forward to my last few weeks at Blugiallo in my dear hometown Borås, before moving to Stockholm in August.

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

/Edith  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.