A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 3 May 2021

Influencer Marketing part 2

 Hi everyone!


It is Michelle again. I can not believe that I have already been here a little bit more than 1 month. I have already learnt a lot. By the end of April last month, my supervisor walked through the process of contacting profiles. By then I had already found over 100 different profiles from Norway and the Netherlands. I sort them by a contact list and a waitlist to save them to later. The profiles on the waitlist usually have fewer followers or lower engagement. We put them there to see if they will decrease anytime soon. It is better to save more than have less, my supervisor says. On the waitlist I also have collected over 100 profiles and it is assumed to be a good standard start contacting the profiles. 


The contact process is not that hard. The hardest task is to balance all the work because you can not email the profiles for a whole week and forget to continue to source new profiles. My daily schedule that I made for myself is answering email before lunch and afterwards I continue to source new profiles after lunch to keep up the pace and routine. Usually when we reach out to the profiles we primarily use email, if the profile does not have a published email we contact them by Instagram DM. Also the whole team is using the same email templates to inform the same information to all profiles and it consists of 6 email templates that look almost the same. It is very important that I keep a nice tone to everyone I write to, because they are our potential “customers”. 


During the email conversation the profiles have to agree on our agreement before starting the collaboration. When they have done that they can decide on a set of clothes (jacket + pants) and in exchange they have to make 2 post + 2 stories divided into 2 months. Then I just have to keep the profiles informed and decide the posting schedule and date after they have received the clothes. 


This is what I have learnt so far. 


See you in my next post!


// Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.