A blog from the University of Borås

Sunday 23 May 2021

Circular textile for hotel - post 3/3

Hello,

We are coming near the end of internship. How is everyone doing?

As mentioned in the previous post, I conducted a survey about consumers' awareness about sustainable textile in hotel and finally we will close the survey. With the data I have got in so far, I'm so excited to be able to share with you guys in the report. But one thing that really struck me is how little have been done in the travel and hotel industry in regards of textile, compared to what have been and are doing in the fashion industry. Although the possibility is much higher because here the textile is in controlled most of the time by businesses. The more I learn about it, the more I realize how slow big corps are in this game. And it is frustrating.

But I'm not negative about it. And that's what keep me enjoying and excited about my internship still today. From the survey, I realize that consumers somehow forget how much textile they use for their hotel stays, or just have been so poorly informed that they often mix textile with "housekeeping" service. And once you think something is a "service", you care less about its lifespan, its origin or its impact on the environment. I hope this will change, at least for people who answered my survey.

So for the remaining time of the internship, I will focus on creating marketing material for the company based on the survey data and my market research. I have been working closely with the PR manager of the company and learnt a lot. 

Hope everyone stays safe and can't wait to see you again soon in seminars.

Warm regards,

Ly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.