A blog from the University of Borås

Sunday 2 May 2021

The life of a research assistant

A few weeks in to this field study period now and thankfully spring has finally sprung! I can definitely say that my motivation and energy levels have increased with the extra sun hours and warmer temperatures we’re experiencing each day. My name is Malin and I’m interning as a research assistant to the head coordinator of Handelslabbet at the Swedish School of Textiles in Borås. During the last couple of weeks we’ve been having weekly meetings, going over research material and trend reports from WGSN to try and hone in on what effectively gets people’s attention in terms of interactive storefront window displays. As Handelslabbet is getting a make-over for the pending relaunch in September, I’ve been given the task to come up with ideas for the new window displays for the exhibition space - super exciting! 

For my final report I will be examining how window displays affect consumer perception, expected shopping experience and affective response, while also looking into how interactive window displays influence engagement of passers by and their commitment to entering the shop. So far I’ve found a profound amount of interesting articles and journals, so getting through those will be time-consuming but intriguing. The Handelslabbet-team is also conducting a survey, which will hopefully reach your inboxes by tomorrow afternoon, so I’m hoping that you will all be able to take a couple of minutes out of your busy schedules to answer it. 

In the meantime, I’ll be spending my time divided between the mountain of research articles that need to be reviewed and my balcony, trying to catch as much vitamin D as possible. Hope you guys can enjoy this weather too and best of luck with all your internships!

Stay safe,
Malin 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.