A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 31 May 2021

(3/3)

Hello!

 

I am now on my last week at the internship, and it feels so crazy how fast these two months have passed by, but it is also so fun to see how much I have learned and experienced through this! My internship has given me the opportunity to do many different tasks such as measuring prototypes, handling different excel files and participate in meetings both with factories and producers as well as between different departments, among others. I really feel that I have gotten a realistic feeling of how it can be to work at a clothing company, and that I have gotten a better understanding of how the industry works.

 

As I am still doing my internship, I have gotten time to write the report during days with home office, which have worked good for me. As mentioned in my last blog I decided to dive a bit deeper into one of the projects I’ve looked into for my report: types of packaging in Nordic clothing companies. However, the more I have looked into it, the more confused I have become. It feels like there are so many aspects that need to be considered when choosing a type of packaging, which can make one alternative sustainable for one company, but not for another. And furthermore, one sustainable solution may cause damage or disadvantages in other areas. This is why it is hard to choose one solution and type of packaging that every company should follow. What is important to accomplish a sustainable choice is to look at how different alternatives will affect your company, and not be afraid to make changes.

 

I hope all of you are happy with your field study as well, and that you have learned something new! I wish you all an amazing summer (in a short while) and thank you for a different, but educational year!

 

Take care!

//Amanda R

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.