A blog from the University of Borås

Friday 7 May 2021

Internship at the Retail Lab - 01

 

Hey everyone!

Finally, I am able to post my first blog post 😊 I am Fatima and I am doing my internship as a research assistant at the University of Boras, Retail Lab (Handelslabbet). It has been few weeks, since we started, but the idea was a bit foggy at the start and now it’s getting clearer. I think same would be the case with some others as well. The retail lab is being renovated and there will be a great reopening in September. I can imagine, it will be exciting...

As I have a background in designing, I got the task to create an interesting display on the artificial intelligence research in textile and fashion industry. First, I had a plan to create a video, which would show all the interesting projects that are being carried out and revolutionizing the textile and fashion industry. But later on, I have decided to go on with some posters that could fulfill the intended purpose. As, a poster with a lot of text could be boring, therefore, the plan is to create minimalistic, yet informative poster; that can be tricky as well.

We have weekly meetings, where we discuss ideas and progress and also get to know how renovation of the lab is going on. For the report, I will be exploring how Artificial Intelligence is influencing the textile and fashion industry. Artificial Intelligence is a vast field and it is transforming the world of textile and fashion in various ways. From robots in the manufacturing units to Smart mirrors and automated fashion stylists, artificial intelligence has great influence. I had meetings with some researchers at the University of Borås, to know more about ongoing research on artificial intelligence and its role on textile industry. There is a lot of literature to be read, so I am also trying to deal with that.

I hope everyone is enjoying their fieldwork. It is fun to hear how everyone is doing, on this platform.

Have a great weekend…

/ Fatima

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.