A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 24 May 2021

Influencer Marketing part 3 - last weeks

Hi everyone, hope everything is good with you! 


Today is Monday, and I have already been here at my internship for 3 months. The time flys past so fast. I still feel like I have more to learn and more to give. But I had in general a very great time and my supervisors and colleagues have been amazing and supportive during my internship. It feels like I am a part of the team! 


Since last time, I have been doing the same thing repeatedly. It is part of influencer marketing. The main task is to find the right and suitable influencers and the next part is to contact them. The previous weeks I have been activating my influencers and they have been provided clothes and discount code for their followers. It is amazing to see how creative influencers can be and every time I receive pictures from them I have a big smile on my face. The past weeks I have seen different influencers within the category of outdoor, for example hiking, gardening, horse and dogs. I especially am in love with the picture I get from the dogs owners and they interact with each other so well. 


The last step in the influencer marketing strategy is to evaluate the profiles. The discount code is connected to Google Analytic and the tool is calculating the numbers for use. There have been positive and negative numbers, but regardless if it is positive or negative we never end a collaboration. You never know today, because influencers are growing daily or weekly. If the collaboration was not that positive this time, maybe you can try again after 3-6 months. 


I have about 2 weeks left (if I count this week as well) and I will try to use it wisely while learning as much as I can. As far as I have come, I think all of the learnings I have learnt during my 10 weeks I will take with me forever. The company, my supervisors and colleagues have taught me to work more individually, but also that you work better when you are in a team. You should never be afraid to ask or tell your opinion, because maybe I saw something they did not. As well, I think I have improved my detective skills a lot because searching for right and suitable influencers is not easy, even though there are millions of profiles you can choose from on the social platforms. 


I am very grateful that the company gave me the opportunity to do my 10 weeks internship and I am so thankful I have been working with such inspirational and wise people. This is definitely a work place I want to come back to. 


This was my last post. 


Hope you got a brief angle of influencer marketing. 


Best regards,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.