A blog from the University of Borås

Wednesday 19 May 2021

Company internship post 3/3

 Wow, times really travel fast and only 1,5 weeks are remaining of the field study. I feel relieved as I then can focus more on the report which I haven't had much time for. 


Since my last post here I´ve had a lot of days off due to the fact that I was sick (not covid puh) and Ascension day. However, I have still gotten some work done, believe it or not. ;) 

I´ve been in contact with a GOTS certifier to investigate how everything works and what it would mean to the brand to join. I've also done some calculations on what a membership with GOTS and BCI would cost and how it will affect the margin of the products. I've also started to map the different sizes of the polybags in order to order recycled ones to all of our suppliers. I´ve also finalised the product care guide and information text that will go up on the website. 


The company is in a lot of stress atm as they have had a tough year and also because it is high season on samples. Therefore, they have a lot of other things to prioritise and my projects take some extra time to conduct. For example the jeans project that I´ve been writing about in all of my previous blog posts, not much has happened there yet. But this is also due to the fact that no one knows who's responsible for it haha, the struggles… 


Hopefully my last weeks will include fully implementing the preferred fibre list and integrating it in the AW22 development, finalising the suppliers list and maybe start the jeans project once and for all. 


Looking forward to hearing some of your presentations now and good luck with the writing. 


Best regards, 

Hanna


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.