A blog from the University of Borås

Thursday 4 May 2017

As the days fly by

Hello!

I have already spent a month at Holzweiler. A lot of projects are going on and it makes the time fly. We have continued the planning of the press events scheduled for May and we are preparing for busy but very exciting weeks! So far I have contributed in arranging the events, such as finding sponsors and contacting partners we will co-operate with.


I was also lucky to attend a fair arranged by one of Holzweiler’s business partners. Interesting and famous speakers were invited to the fair, I attended a seminar held by Ingebrigt Steen Jensen. He is recognized as a marketing-guru in Norway. The seminar was inspiring, easy-going and very relatable. The main take away from the seminar were the three clear-communicated factors recognized in a successful company: culture, storytelling and identity. Another interesting episode in the last weeks was when I got to help out on recording a film which was sent to press and customers.

I am quite sure my report will cover strategies in supply chain management in small or medium sized enterprises, and I will use Holzweiler as a case. The interest for this research subject has awaken during my participation in the Holzweiler and DNB project, which I mentioned in my last blogpost. This project has been going on for a year and in the end of my internship the first collection has just been distributed to the branches and employees. I think this will be a terrific moment for my interviewees to reflect over the project. I want to take a closer look on how the Holzweiler supply chain has prepared for a larger order than usual, serving an industryclient and not the regular consumer.
Here is the link to Holzweiler's website, check it out :) And Gigi Hadid spotted in Holzweiler's popular Hangon hoodie ;)


I hope everyone is enjoying their internship and springtime, wherever you are located! Greetings from sunny Oslo. Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.