A blog from the University of Borås

Wednesday 3 May 2017

Hi from Stockholm!

Hi everyone!

Time has gone by so fast and I have already been at the head office of Tiger of Sweden in Stockholm for a month. As my internship, I am a sourcing assistant at the accessories and shoes department during ten weeks. Tiger of Sweden was established already in 1903, and is hence a brand with a lot of heritage and history. The brand was redefined in 1993, and is since without a doubt a big player on the Swedish fashion scene. Tiger has stayed true to their heritage with a quite minimalistic Scandinavian style where classic cuts, colours and patterns are in focus, still being edgy and forward thinking under the parole "a different cut". The company consists of four different departments - men's, women's, Tiger Jeans and accessories and shoes, all under the same roof at the Stockholm head office. As I said, I am at the sourcing department for shoes and accessories but feel that I have gotten to know the entire company quite well as many departments work a lot together. I believe this has helped me a lot in my learning, especially in the beginning when everything was new . My tasks at work vary a lot from day to day. For example, I have been assisting the sourcers at meetings, fittings and hand-overs with the designers, and been given responsibility to communicate with suppliers, measure and comment samples and all kinds of other things included in the work of a sourcing assistant.

So far I am having a lot of fun and learning a lot, and have been incredibly well-welcomed by everyone at the company.

Hope you are all enjoying your internships!

/Josefin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.