A blog from the University of Borås

Saturday 13 May 2017

Early mornings and late nights

Hello everyone!

Last week at Holzweiler was very busy and intense, but first and foremost a lot of fun! The reason for this were the three events scheduled for the week. I will give you a short summary, writing more in detail about the week would end up being an essay! 

On Tuesday, Holzweiler Agency hosted a press-event for a client - a Swedish shoe brand looking to establish a bigger customer segment in Norway. Present at the event were Norwegian bloggers and influencers, representatives from our client, us from Holzweiler Agency and a chef who was preparing food. The event was organized as a breakfast-event, held in one of the influencer's home. The event was very successful and everyone had a really nice time! 

After this event I immediately jumped into the preparations for the next events. On Thursday, Holzweiler Items arranged a pop-up store at the DNB headoffice in Oslo and in the evening, Holzweiler Agency held a press-event for another client. As I mentioned previously, Holzweiler has designed an officewear collection for DNB. Thanks to this collaboration, we were invited to arrange a pop-up store and sell Holzweiler collections during an employee day at DNB. The excitement among the DNB employees were great, which was so much fun! I really enjoyed the whole event, and to talk to the people at DNB, work together with the people from Holzweiler and selling the products! 

I really enjoyed participating in the events! I have been part of the planning process and the arrangements so I feel personally very happy over the fact that everything ran quite smoothly and successfully. When I am involved in a project and really want it to succeed, I don't mind working hard and long hours! This is also one of the charms of working in a smaller company - I have the chance to participate in different projects and my daily tasks varies a lot. I feel I can contribute and be part of the final work. This also gives me the chance to work together with people from the different departments and get to know the whole company. I also feel that I get responsibility which encourage me every day to be more proactive and show initiative.

Next week the Norwegian national day will be celebrated here, the 17th of May! This is a holiday when the whole country goes crazy and people are out in the streets wearing their national costumes (in Norwegian: Bunad) and celebrating their country. I look forward to Wednesday and to experience this day myself. I don't own a Bunad or a Finnish national costume, so I have to settle for a nice dress. However I will compensate by buying some Norwegian flags and wave them around all day! I also look forward to my last two and a half weeks at Holzweiler - I will get the most out of these weeks!


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.