A blog from the University of Borås

Wednesday 28 April 2021

Company internship - A Norwegian fashion rental company

 Blog entry 2/3

Time flies!
Soon it's already May and before we know it, it will be June!

I can see in this blog that you all have such interesting and fun internships, I am glad we can follow each other on this platform. 

For me, since my first blog post, these first weeks of the internship has been so interesting and super inspiring to be a part of! To understand how rental companies in practice actually work and enable more sustainable relation to our clothing consumption as well a prolonging life of  garments!  

So far, my focus has been to research about nordic brands and create contact with them. So if I am learning about the industry and how it works, it's funny to say that I am also learning more Norwegian as well as Danish in my everyday work! :D  I got the chance to meet a Norwegian colleague in Stockholm (where I am currently staying), and it so fun to meet the people you work with to connect and talk, to even go through questions you might have. The human interaction in reality makes it so more real and you get more energy from it. Hopefully I can travel to Norway soon and meet the rest of the team, irl! 

Going back to the actual internship - it's really interesting to be a part of the connecting process, and to be the one that search and choose brands. The most time consuming part is to find emails and phone numbers to brands, which can be tricky to find sometimes. And what I have noticed is that, since everything mostly online, for brands and other companies, the responsiveness of interested brands are fast, and my assumption is that it has something to do with companies who have more home-offices (I can't prove this scientifically, but it's just my assumption for now). 

Talking about online, In Norway right now, and probably for all norwegians all meetings are done remote, and sometimes this can be difficult since you can't feel the garments or see the proportionate colour of the garments. However, remote work also allows connecting and e-meeting with brands that are not in Norway, e.g Sweden or Denmark. 

This was all, for this time!

Stay safe and I am waiting for you guys to post!

/Amanda J






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.