A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 26 April 2021

Internship: Sustainable Women Fashion 1/3

 

Hello everyone,

My name is Nadia, and I am fashion designer doing my Masters in Fashion marketing and management. I am doing my internship with a Swedish fashion brand. It is brand providing colorful fashion for women in a sustainable way. They are providing slow fashion  for women ,encouraging sustainable material such as organic cotton .They are located in Visby Gotland in the eastern coast of Sweden.  It is very beautiful island.

 This is Third week of my internship. My task during the internship is very interesting, being a fashion designer I am enjoying a lot with these multitask working. One of my tasks in the internship is to develop zero waste collection for summer. In this project I do research on different aspect of zero waste.

I found out how designers are working with the concept of sustainable fashion in  different ways. After doing research I found some great ideas and start working with these concepts. Then I made some research and mood boards and started developing fashion illustrations after completing my fashion developments. Then I started the pattern making for selected designs and do stitching of these garments. Beside this task, I will also learn social media marketing, which I will share in the next post.

I go to the office 3 days a week and work from home for 2 days a week. During work from home my supervisor  gives me different tasks like, new circular ways of developing the company for the future. My tasks and responsibilities also include Sourcing new sustainable materials for future collections and Designing Knitted cardigans etc.

Thank you and hope you all are enjoying your internships and new experiences. 

Stay safe and have fun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.