A blog from the University of Borås

Wednesday 28 April 2021

Digital marketing Intern

 (1/3) 

Wow, these first weeks just run away and I haven't had the chance to make my first post here until now. Read through all of your others posts and your projects seem to be fun! It's Sara Hjälmeby writing, I'm in the Fashion management and marketing program and I'm doing my internship at a swimwear brand as a Digital Marketing and Content Strategist. 

We are currently in the fourth week of this internship and I've learned a lot already! My focus during this internship is to work with emails and the brand's website. We are analyzing customer's patterns and trying to match our content to them. In the world of marketing customer loyalty is on everyone's lips. The questions are "How could customers be more loyal?" or "What is making them loyal and not?". Now you may wonder why this is a common topic to talk about; it's about marketing costs and efficient marketing. A returning customer is much cheaper than a new customer in terms of marketing costs, and if a customer is loyal to a brand, the more likely it is that it returns with less effort in marketing than a new customer. Well, this is harder than it sounds like and every company has its strategy how they communicate with and to their customers intending to keep them loyal. 

After these pasts weeks, in which we focused on introducing me to all programs and trying to understand the brand's strategies, we are now going to dive deeper into developing a customer loyalty program. I'm looking forward to learning more about this. Hey! The last thing I want to say is to wish everyone good luck with your projects, and I'm looking forward to more reading! 

Take care, 

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.