A blog from the University of Borås

Tuesday 20 April 2021

The Buzz of the First Week! (1/3)

Hi Everyone, 

It's Nathana here, I'm on the Fashion Marketing and Management course, doing a Digital Marketing internship at a Swedish underwear brand.
The first week was a blur, entering the office I was greeted with two posters of women in lace underwear and the buzz of new interns. It was an unusual experience working in an all female corporate setting, something that I was not familiar with. I'm currently delegated the task of content and campaign planning on social media channels. The roles will shift during the internship which was exciting to hear and I'll get to try other sides of marketing.

For the project, I will look at ways in which brands communicate on social media, using a discourse analysis. This is a new method for me to explore and was good that I finally settled on one, previously I was looking at doing a content analysis, discourse analysis along side interviews... I'm no super woman! I'm looking forward to getting aquatinted in the digital marketing role, observing how theory and practice align and fail in real life. 

Enjoying the steep learning curve ride! 

Sending greetings from Sunny Stockholm, such an oxymoron! 

Nathana :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.