A blog from the University of Borås

Tuesday 13 April 2021

Week 2 of my Design & Production internship at Dedicated

 I hope everyone is safe, healthy and enjoying their field studies!

My name is Linda Finell and I study the Fashion Management & Marketing program. I am currently in Stockholm for my internship at a brand called Dedicated, which has a strong focus on sustainability in terms of using sustainable fibers and promoting ethical working conditions throughout the its supply chain. The brand started as a unisex T-shirt company but has now expanded its assortment to pants, sweatshirts, knitwear, hoodies, dresses, hats, swimwear, underwear etc, and thereby targeting women, men and kids nowadays. What makes Dedicated quite unique is that the brand has used organic cotton ever since its start, which was about 15 years ago and at that time it was not that common.

Dedicated is a pretty small company with only 14 employed at the head office. This makes the atmosphere very relaxed and cozy. Because of covid, we try to limit us to being maximum 5-6 at the office at the same time. Everyday, we start with a morning meeting at 9:15 to say good morning and catch up, but also go through more important work related things. During my short time at Dedicated, I have worked a lot in the brand's systems creating new styles for upcoming seasons and updated existing styles. I have also reviewed different samples, measured size sets, and even tried on some of the samples to see and feel the fit properly. It is very interesting and fun to actually use the knowledge I have gained from the courses we had during the first semester. Since I work with design and production I get to be at the office 3-4 times a week, which is great. During home office, I mainly work with excel and another system, where all styles are and the communication with the suppliers occur. 

For my report, I plan to write about how fashion brands communicate sustainability and the many interpretations of the term sustainability. I take notes and keep diary of everything I do and learn during my work, which will be a part of my data for this report.

I hope everyone enjoys their internships and field studies! I must say, it is very interesting to read about everyone's different experiences. Stay safe everyone.

// Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.