A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 19 April 2021

Internship: Secondhand Apparel Social Enterprise

Hello readers, fellow classmates.

My name is Fiona Byrne and I am a student of the Fashion Management and Marketing course. I am now three weeks into my internship at a secondhand apparel company that provides an e-commerce platform for charity shops. My internship is in digital marketing and so far I have been involved primarily in social media marketing and content marketing. The company is still considered a 'start-up' and is still developing its marketing practices and team. 

Day to day I am assisting with social media coordination and content marketing generation. The company is very open to me working on projects I find interesting and allowing me the freedom to identify opportunities for growth. The first weeks were spent understanding the dynamics of the company, the team I will be working with, and the marketing strategy of the company. 

At the end of last week, I was able to sit with my manager and outline some of the ongoing projects I will be working on during my time there. These include:

Email Marketing - research and action in increasing email database and increasing ROI through improving click-rate and conversion.

Content Marketing - Developing content on LinkedIn targeted at charity partners.

SEO and Domain Authority -  Building domain authority and expanding and improving SEO.

I am very interested in all of these areas and think they will benefit me greatly to gain experience in. However, I am a little concerned that the broad range of topics they want me to work on may make researching and implementing my field study report difficult. My report will be based on the topic of 'Social value-driven content marketing'. To try and keep focused I am recording my observations and ideas in a daily journal, I am also recording the minutes of meetings for reference. 

For the purposes of content marketing, I have observed so far that the company is strong in its values of sustainability, social enterprise, and community and I hope to gain more insight over time through interviews, observations and research into how these values inform the company's marketing strategy.

I am hopeful when I write my next blog post I will be quite far along in my report. The best of luck to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.