A blog from the University of Borås

Thursday 22 April 2021

Third week

 Hello everyone,

I´m Hanna Tingsvik and I´m doing my field study at a menswear fashion brand here in Borås with a focus on sustainability. My main tasks during this period includes to set up a preffered fibre list and try to implement it by see what their different suppliers have to offer in terms of more sustainable fibres. I´m also developing a standard for the care instructions for their products as well as writing a product care guide that will go up on their website. 

The third week is coming to its end and I´m in contact with many of their suppliers who have surprisingly a lot to offer in terms of sustainable materials. I´m now waiting for fabric swatches from different suppliers to develop the material change further. Another part of this task is to map which certificates the different suppliers have and what certificates the brand needs in order to communicate it to their customers. It sure is a jungle of certificates out there! 

The next step for me is now to contact more suppliers but also start a project with a stock of jeans that can´t be sold unless the pocket is altered. I also need to put some time on the report as I haven´t had much time for that yet. Currently the topic of my report is about the different barriers that exists for companies to implement sustainable practices. Even though I only have been working with these questions at this company for three weeks, I can see that there is a will to work with sustainability but I have noticed a lot of barriers that is working against this will.

It´s so nice to read about everyone´s experience here. I really hope everyone is fine and can get a lot of experience out from this time.

Take care!

Hanna Tingsvik

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.