A blog from the University of Borås

Friday 9 April 2021

Second week of internship in Neritude

Hej everyone! 

I hope everyone enjoyed their easter and the sunny weather 🌞

My name is Irina and I´m studying Textile Value Chain Management. I´m already in second week of my internship but it feels like I haven´t barely started yet because of the easter holiday. My internship is with a Finnish plus-size fashion retail online store, Neritude, that I´m helping to launch end of May 2021. We are all together three people including me so the company is very small and just opened their office in Helsinki the same week I started my internship. However, I´m working from distance here in Borås in my new little apartment but I hope to go and help the company on site if the situation allows me to. 

My position in Neritude is assistant buyer intern but as the company is small, I get to do little bit of everything. My objectives for this internship is to learn about all of the aspects of online retailing as well as gain working experience. I hope as well that I could give a lot to the company, not just take.

The first week I got introduced to the business idea of Neritude as well as the schedule for purchasing and launching the company. It´s a tight schedule but we are determined to make it happen. On the second week I started to research upcoming trends and colours and based on those I made moodboards that will be used as a reference when purchasing clothes for the webshop. That was so much fun to do! 

Next challenge is to find suppliers that will offer fashionable clothes to our target customer and oh boy its a challenge indeed as the market is niche. My tasks will have a bit of marketing once the purchasing is done which I´m also excited to learn more about.

I can´t wait for the upcoming weeks and I´m thrilled to hear how is everyone else doing with their research/internship. I´m thinking to book a room from the university and work there couple of days of the week. Contact me if you would be interested to join!

We are so close to summer, hang in there!

-Irina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.