A blog from the University of Borås

Friday 23 April 2021

My first weeks as an intern

Hello everyone! 


My name is Natela and this blog post is all about my internship in a startup company named Houpaci, Georgian leather bags manufacturer. Currently I am in Georgia (country :)) and my internship location is all over the place. Some days I’m in a studio, some days somewhere in the city making pictures and some days I’m working from home due to the covid situation. Apparently, people in Georgia are not allowed to leave their houses due to curfew which means everyone has to stay at home after 21.00 which of course was a big surprise for me living in Sweden but I digress…


So my internship includes helping the brand to build a marketing strategy for social media, namely Facebook and Instagram. The ultimate goal is to create a relevant content for the brand targeting current and potential customers. The internship start was a bit challenging for me since the owner of the brand didn't have a clear vision on who the target group is, which means that I didn't know what content needs to be made. Therefore, during the first weeks we’ve been focused on researching and understanding the target group and also trying to find the right marketing strategy. Another challenge was the fact that I’m not a photographer and have a very (VEEEERY) limited knowledge of how to make a decent picture, but hey, I have an iphone. The thing is that the company is so small that there are no financial resources available in order to hire a photographer and a studio. So basically, we work with what we have which I can't complain about because it’s a lot of fun! 


During the upcoming week we are going to prepare for the 1 year anniversary of the brand and we are going to think about what type of campaign we can launch. I will talk more about it in my next blog post. Byeee



Miss home, my cats and Swedish godis:)


Natela


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.