A blog from the University of Borås

Thursday 2 May 2019

8848 buying and marketing internship pt 2

Hi all!

Time is running by so fast, and my internship has now reached the end of its fifth week (!!!). Since my last post, I’ve progressed a lot in my project and moved from moodboard phase to actual layout, text formulation and visuals phase. This progression has consisted of much creative thinking, but also extensive data collection to create a deep understanding within CSR. When running a project in this area, with strict chemical laws, certifications overload, numerous safety standards, etcetera, it’s beyond important for one to formulate correctly to not distort the truth the tiniest bit. I’ve also finished compiling the data from the competitor analysis in a content analysis, which has simplified the previous huge and sprawling document of empirical data. Next up will be to find patterns, themes and dissimilarities, to later on compare with existing literature.

I’m very satisfied with how the project has evolved - much thanks to continuous feedback from the marketing and CSR departments. This has allowed me to do and redo to find the best practice. Hopefully, we've got enough time left for me to publish the CSR content on their website, and thereby I learn more about IT functions as well (much needed haha!).  

At the moment, I’m back at the buying department working with some product calculations for upcoming seasons and learning how to make techpac specifications in their business system. There are lots of fabrics and components when developing technically advanced products like 8848’s. At times, I tag along in the designers’ thoughts and processes, and how they work with upcoming collections - so interesting and inspiring. I also participate in pretty much all meetings, whatever department it concerns, and get to meet lots of new people with exciting expert areas.

This weekend, I will assist on an outdoor shoot for the S/S collection, which I’ve been looking forward to so much. It really feels like one of the benefits of being at a smaller company - that you get the opportunity to learn a little from everything.

All in all, everything goes according to plan, and I keep learning new things every day!

/Pauline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.