A blog from the University of Borås

Thursday 16 May 2019

Sourcing SS20 at Franchetti

Hey Everyone!

Here comes an update from my internship at Franchetti. I have been at Franchetti for 6 weeks now on their buying department. Franchetti is a fashion company that help other famous fashion companies with design, production and sustainability. It is a b2b company that is located in Mölndal, in Gothenburg. I really enjoy my time here.

It has been so fun and time goes so fast. Things I have done so far is:
  • I have daily contact with our supplies and our customers.
  • Checking counter samples, shipping samples, photo samples and labels (the fit of the garment is very important).
  • Worked a lot in photoshop with edit pictures for “photo with info” about styles that is going to be produced.
  • Following up orders.
  • Complie orders

For two weeks ago my college wanted to have a meeting with me. It was time to do sourcing for SS20. She wanted me to do this project. And it was a really interesting and fun project. Fist I needed to create a moodboard for inspiration to SS20. Than it was time to source fabrics from our suppliers that could be suitable for this season. I contacted our suppliers to see if they had good alternatives to the fabric selection for SS20. My job was than to following up this so that all suppliers send the right fabrics to us, right in time. It’s a fun project.

I like my time here at Franchetti.  The best part is that I have more fun projects to work with on this company. Next week I’m going to have an exciting meeting with the board to discuss how Franchetti can develop their social media marketing. This is also what I’m writing about in my thesis. It’s going to be really exciting.

Have a great day everyone and have fun with your field studies!

/ Emma!

My team gave me a very warm welcome my first day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.