A blog from the University of Borås

Tuesday 14 May 2019

Update from GANT!

Well, HOLA Peeps!

Wow, this internship at GANT is now starting to see "the light in the tunnel" and the end is around the corner! But, still a few more weeks to go - and how I try to embrace it and just soak all I can out of it!

Since last time it has happened a lot, and I will highlight a piece of the GANTcake here! :)
When I just started to find the right way in the big and open office area (around 250 employees) they decided to do an internal move inside the office! So, it was just to start over with finding the right place and right person again! Haha - a piece of cake you can think - but for an Östgöte with maybe not the best "lokalsinne" it can be a challenge. But hey - it went well! I haven´t walked back to my old office place not even once! Yet...

I have also continued the work with my project - and I have reached out to the markets and the suppliers to do a survey. This week I´m also having a meeting with Lacoste to do a benchmarking for my project and see how they work with the process concerning the packaging process. Lacoste is included in the same concern as GANT, that´s why this company is chosen.

I also got the opportunity to join in the PM - the Pattern Making team, during a fitting. A model came in and I got to follow along how they fitted upcoming seasons garments and products!

I also have joined my first GANT talk that we have monthly here at the office! Here we bring up different subjects and focus areas and the whole office is encouraged to participate! This time focus were on the PCT - Product Creation Team and their work and processes - super interesting!

One day it also popped up a soft icecream machine in the kitchen - both supernice and dangerous for beach 2019! It just stayed for a while and it´s gone now, best for everyone I think :p The fruits are still in the kitchen, better on longtermperspective!

Well, that was a little popup from my time here at GANT so far - and I can really tell I enjoy it!

Happy week to you all!

Xoxoxo GANTTORA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.