A blog from the University of Borås

Sunday 5 May 2019

Strategic Development Internship - YAS


Hello friends!

This will be my first blogpost here since I started my internship at GANT in the Strategic Development department. I have been writing about all of my experience in my diary book but of course, I would like to share some of my adventures with you guys.

Half of my time at Gant has already passed by and the first two/three weeks was very exciting since I got to learn so many new things each day. Every day was like a new adventure and especially that I had the chance to move to one of my dream cities, Stockholm. For those who doesn’t know, I have been living in Borran for my whole life so by getting this internship I had the chance to move for the very first time and I got the courage to leave my family and my comfort zone and “spread my wings” to fly (as you can say haha). In other words, it has been quite an adventure for me on many different levels. I have learned a lot about myself as well as from my position at Gant.

My tasks has consisted of learning more about their concepts and toolboxes that they are working on on a daily basis, work with their PLM system and investigate the fabric swatches that different suppliers send to us. I mostly like to investigate the fabric swatches because that’s when I get the chance to do some tests of the fabrics to see if they have the required properties. I have also been to many meetings with suppliers from all around the world mostly in real life. However, last week we had one online meeting with two suppliers, one from Hong Kong and one from the US. The time difference can sometimes be a challenge but we managed the meeting quite well :) which I am very glad of.

Okaaay, so! Since I am a very clumsy person…. I have had my moments were I totally embarrassed myself. Like when I tried to adjust the right height of my chair and fell of my chair in front everyone haha. Or when I was helping a supplier to put some denim jeans on the table and I spilled my mentors coffee all over the table. I was so embarrassed and I apologized a thousand times but thankfully we all laughed at it later and they were all super friendly and nice.
 
So dear friends, don’t be afraid of making mistakes, we are all humans! We are not perfect!
I hope you all have had a great weekend.
 
Lots of Love – Yasmine Nehmé -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.