A blog from the University of Borås

Saturday 25 May 2019

The beginning

Hello hello from Stockholm!

I honestly do not know where to start or what to write. I will say though it is all a learning experience and I try to see the best and most positive side of it all.....

The first 2 weeks we had another intern and we both were from business backgrounds and we got to implement many ideas. I had so many and honestly saw some good results from them. Something as simple as changing a sign outside the shop brought in important contacts and I got to mix my marketing and business backgrounds into this, I was ecstatic! We had an event with bloggers and was able to prepare for this party, it was amazing. Unfortunately the other intern left and this shop is only run by one woman, she is often not there so I just do my tasks.

My company is basically a made to measure woman wear brand and I have learned a lot about this. I absolutely love this concept because I have seen one dress be on different body types and it is beautiful to see how EVERY WOMAN who wore it looked stunning. Now a days we are marketed to be a certain size and honestly this has really changed my view on things, we do not all have the same body so why should we all fit into a size.I really hope in the future I will be able to develop a brand like this one because not only for the sustainability aspect but the mentality and empowerment of different body types is beautiful.

Unfortunately it has not all been rainbows and butterflies and I can honestly say I am experiencing first hand a very accurate insight of how small business owners do things and the hardships they experience. Also how running a business as a one man show without a business background hurts a company. Being honest we do not make sales at all, at least organically, and it is very hard to see. I first coming in thought I could help change some things but it is very hard when of coarse you don't meet eye to eye, so I must just sit back and watch the show run. If there is anything; I am learning how not to run a business and have honestly learned so much about sustainable clothing which really has opened my eyes, so I am very thankful for that. I will try to absorb as much as possible in the next coming weeks and take it with me for future projects.

That is all,

Ana


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.