A blog from the University of Borås

Saturday 18 May 2019

Buying Internship pt.2


Hi everyone! (and hello weekend!)

Hope everyone is well. I just realized that I planned on writing and posting my second blog post on May 8th, which I missed by 10 days. Feel like this is just another testament of how time is flying by this spring. In my last post, I mentioned that I was working on a large project alongside my internship and I felt it deserved to be presented in this post. 

For the past seven weeks, I have conducted a competitor analysis of 20 different organizations within the industry with the purpose of analyzing their promotional strategies and campaigns. One major reason for this project is to try to find any general patterns or indicators towards first-movers in the market to help plan promotional campaigns in 2020 and onward. To be able to compare the organizations, I put up some criteria that needed to be followed, these include that the organizations needed to have a yearly turnover above 100M SEK, have the same, or similar brands, or at least a substitutable assortment from any private label created by the organization themselves. The data is collected directly from their websites, their official Instagram posts and stories and through newsletters on a daily basis, and so far, I've gathered an extensive amount of data to be used in my analysis in a couple of weeks. The most exciting part is that I have gotten an opportunity to present my findings (if I can find any!) on the next monthly department meeting during my last week in June.

I feel like a broken record that keep repeating the same things, but I have really enjoyed my internship and the opportunity to get hands-on experience outside of my studies and I can see through the previous posts that everyone on here feel the same way. My plan is to write my third, and last, post in three weeks time when I've done the presentation. Hopefully, I can then tell you if my intensive stalking of 20 different companies and their daily activities actually paid off :)

Have a good one!
Ellinor



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.