A blog from the University of Borås

Friday 10 May 2019

Internship 2 at RH



It is already almost mid of May!! I have only two weeks left in my internship! I can’t believe it! 
During these four weeks, I mainly did technical drawings and tech packs for labels, trims and hardware. Technical drawings should be so detailed with many different views such as front view, back view, side view and 45-degree view. Some hardware was complicated to draw, but it was enjoyed to draw with Illustrator! In the tech pack, I should put technical drawings and detailed information such as colour, size and materials. During this process, I learned so many sustainable materials. For example, there is a unique hang tag with a sealed string which can be a meltdown in the water. I did not see the actual hang tag yet, but my mentor said she will show me later when she got the sample. My research paper is about sustainable trims, labels and hardware. So, I think I’m going to write about this material in my writing. It can be really interesting! Also, mainly I made sample binders which are for this company customers. I sewed or glued much different hardware and binding tapes by material categories and put them together in one binder. So our company customer can select these which they want. It is a kind of brand catalogue. I had a hard time to make looking very clean and took a long time to make many binders. However, it was enjoyed and learned many different types of hardware.
My internship only two weeks left. I hope I can learn and experience more new works in left two weeks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.