A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 13 May 2019

Update from the office at Ellos Group

Hello everyone!

Six weeks have past and it has been six hectic but fun weeks and I am writing this with mixed feelings because it means that I only have a short time left at Ellos Group. As a buyer assistant for external brands I have, like I wrote in my previous blogpost, been along on meetings with different suppliers, handled samples, ordered follow ups and quantification as well as placing orders and more. I have been doing a lot of different tasks but all of them have a connection to each other that makes my position as a buyer assistant even more interesting and fun. To handle as many tasks as possible just results in a better understanding and a broader view on the job position as well as a better experience. 

I have in these past weeks been on more meetings with different suppliers that conclude the external brands like for example Snö of Sweden. I got the possibility with the help of my supervisor to pick out which of the jewelry from their whole AW19 collection that we wanted to sell at Ellos Group´s website. It is a very special and unique feeling being along on these meetings and you get a feel for how to act and think if I would be working with something similar in the future. I have also been sitting a lot in front of the computer to handle classification of clothes, order quantification and placing orders etc. Everything I do is important tasks which results in more confidence and knowledge along the way, which is a lot of fun and you grow as a person everyday that passes by. Something else that I have noticed is how important and inspiring the environment is when working at a fashion company. You get inspired by all the people around you but at the same time the environment that you work in have to reflect positivity, creativity and inspire you. I love how Ellos Group have open offices, modern interior and decoration as well as inspiration within fashion everywhere. For example you can see in the pictures below what some of the areas at Ellos Group can look like, which I love and get inspired from and I hope you will be inspired as well.  

Just like an expression in Swedish ”det går fort när man har roligt” - the time passes by quickly when you have a great time. It is exactly what I am feeling right now. These weeks have been both challenging, knowledgeable and one of the best experiences in my life and I will enjoy these last weeks as much as I can as time flies so fast when you have fun.


Have a great morning, day or evening, whenever you are reading this! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.