A blog from the University of Borås

Saturday 25 May 2019

Buyer assistant internship part.1

Hello my fellow classmates,

My internship has been a hectic couple of weeks. The weeks have passed by so fast that I barely realized that the internship is soon coming to an end... so this explains the reason why this is the beginning of my blog journey here. My internship position is within the buying department, so I am an intern buyer assistant in the product development of the children's clothes. My days have been divided into two different sectors, so in the first half of the day I am with a buyer assistant and my responsibilities are primarily within sample management and making sure that all of the newest samples are in the "collection room" sorted by seasonal drops. The collection room is where the whole product development team holds meetings regarding the upcoming seasons.

The other half of my day is with a buyer of accessories, pyjamas and other things related to this. Here my responsibilities are mainly to have daily contact with suppliers and merchandisers and provide comments on lab dips and strike offs. But as probably everyone has experienced the days are never the same at a workplace, so there is always things to do. I have never had a second where I didn't have things to do, and that is the fun part since the days go by so fast. But this is also the part which is a bit stressful, when you suddenly realize that it is soon over! However, I have still two weeks to go so I will try and take it all in, yet it feels so strange that I will be leaving soon since it feels as if I work there full time! But I will update you all next week on the exciting work tasks that are to come.

Have a great weekend!

Best regards from the busy life in Stockholm! - Samanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.