A blog from the University of Borås

Thursday 23 May 2019

KappAhl in Shanghai part 3


Hello!

Eight weeks have passed, and my internship has come to an end. Since last time I have worked with the merchandising team for woven and outerwear. Pretty much similar work as with the previous merchandising teams, but with woven and outerwear merchandises instead. The following week I worked with the quality control department and we visited suppliers and factories. We did some qc inspections to ensure good quality of the products and that supplier can manage agreed delivery date. Finally, I worked at the shipping department. One of the days, we visited Ningbo port and the warehouse at the port, which is among the busiest port in the world (according to Wikipedia).


 


I am so grateful that I got the opportunity to complete my internship at KappAhl in Shanghai. My colleagues have taken so much care of me and shared invaluable knowledge. I have gained an insight into the production part of the textile industry, the process from sourcing suppliers in China until the goods are shipped to Sweden. Based on this, I have been given the opportunity to analyze and dive into problems related to the area, which I will bring with me in my continued career together with all my experiences.

Although Shanghai is one of the coolest cities I have been to (in many ways) it will be nice to go back home to Sweden. I miss homemade food, fresh air (!), easy access to social media platforms and the internet, and of course my loved ones. Anyway, I leave Shanghai with many new experiences. Overall, my time here has been amazing, and I have learned indescribably much during this time. This was all for me! Bye bye bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.