A blog from the University of Borås

Thursday 30 May 2019

Internship at Hejco - Part 3


Internship at Hejco - Part 3

Hello everyone,

This is my last blog entry. My internship has been over very quickly. I had a wonderful period at Hejco and I really appreciate my time there. The most valuable things for me were to meet such excellent people at Hejco, to create new relationships between Hejco and garment-material manufacturers from Turkey and to get new contacts from the textile industry. Now it is time to wrap it all up.
Hejco increased its corporate responsibility commitment from a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programme to a Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility (SCR) program in 2015. With this new approach, Hejco aims to provide a cleaner production process with a more equitable, sustainable world. Regarding this, Hejco cares about international labour, human rights and environmental standards.
To become more transparent from supplier to factory, out of concern for the nature and working environments, Hejco have established obligatory standards for Hejco’s suppliers, which means they receive no orders from Hejco before they have made public all the factories that will be involved in making products for Hejco and undergone the review of social and environmental compliance.
In order to ensure the sustainability of human rights and environmental standards. There are some organizations which provide certificates such as BSCI, Sedex, Oekotex, ISO etc. to suppliers by auditing them. BSCI, Sedex and Oekotex certificates are a part of Hejco’s requirements to work with Hejco. When I sourced new suppliers in Turkey for Hejco, I tried to take these requirements into account while contacting the suppliers. There are of course more requirements such as payment methods, minimum order quantities (MOQ) and fabric testing but I am not allowed to explain these requirements here 😊.
Consequently, I am thinking that I found the right suppliers for Hejco and my project has been accomplished successfully. It was awesome to experience the work-life at a Swedish workwear company. This internship has given a lot to me, let me enlarge my experience and to get to know new people.
This is my third and last blog post for this field study. I tried to share my takeaways about my field study and hope that you have enjoyed it! 😊

Have a great summer!
Serkan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.