A blog from the University of Borås

Saturday 4 May 2019

Peak Performance: Arrival in Hong Kong!

Hello all,

my internship shall start on Monday, May 6 and I just arrived in Hong Kong and moved into my flat in Kennedy Town.
I will be doing a Merchandising and CSR internship at Peak Performance. My main areas of responsibility will be to handle merchandise and communicate with manufacturers, I will also get the chance to visit some manufacturing sites in South China.

Since I have only worked in Design before, this is something very exciting for me and I am looking forward to get to know what Corporate Social Responsibility as well as Sustainability means to the company and the Chinese department here. This will also be an area of interest for my field study: to compare the Chinese understanding of CSR and Sustainability to the Swedish understanding. For now it sounds like an area offering interesting insides to gain. I will write a journal to gather the data and then analyze the content. 

Besides the profession side I am also interested in finding out how much the internship will challenge me, professionally and mentally. This may also feed into my journal writings and  give some interesting insides to the field study. 
Living in Hong Kong will be a challenge because I want to spend the smallest amount of money possible while living here (the internship is unpaid) and living is already very expensive here (I pay 780Euros for my 12sqm flat, yay!)

So far the people of Hong Kong have welcomed me warmly and I am very grateful for getting the opportunity to come here and do what I do.

Let's see where this journey takes me!

Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.