A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 6 May 2019

Halfway through my internship at KappAhl

Hello everyone!

I cannot believe that it's May already and that half the internship is already done. Times fly when you're having fun although it also feels like I have just started.

The first weeks were spent getting a handle on things, getting to know the people and learning the process. And it's an absolutely mind-boggling process. There's a so many pieces that needs to fit together in order for it all to work and it needs to be fast, seamless and smooth in it's execution.

It's been a crazy few weeks, but fun nonetheless, I've been swamped with assignments, busy attending meetings and trying to get down to business with my field study. At the same time I've been fighting a cold that is very persistent. (As I'm writing this I'm at home recuperating.)

Last week I started with my interviews for the study field. I had the pleasure of interview two of KappAhls designers at the ladies department, hoping to have a few more lined up this week. It's very interesting and very educating listening to their answers and hearing their stories.

One concern is that I might not be able to interview all of the designers because 1. it's voluntary, 2. the designers schedule are already full and 3. and I'm quite busy with my assignments as well.
In the end I think it will all work out because my colleagues are so sweet and helpful.

I've also been trying to start with the writing but it's going so slow and I've been putting it off. I managed to do the literature review last week and found some really good articles so now I just have to start. No more excuses!

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.