A blog from the University of Borås

Saturday 11 May 2019

TIMEOUT Jeans: my first month in beautiful Bologna





Hello everyone,

It has been a month already since my internship at Timeout Jeans has started. Time goes by so fast, but I have been learning so many things till now!

Working as Junior Marketing Assistant at Timeout Buying Office in Bologna has given me a deep insight into the company’s logistics. During this time, I have mainly been in charge of the analysis of sales for the Spring-Summer ’19 collection, with the goal of planning the purchase budget for Spring-Summer ’20. The job involves a lot of data and numbers which might make things a little bit complicated sometimes, but it is really interesting to understand how keeping track of sales, month by month, plays a fundamental role in the process of setting a purchase budget.

Since Timeout is a brand with several shops in Eastern Europe, sales analysis also helps planning the deliveries for the season. Some garments might not sell well if delivered too early or too late during the season, therefore it is very important to identify the lifespan of each group of garments. Planning deliveries also means managing timing and suppliers coordination. In order to avoid delayed deliveries, and consequent loss of profit, communication with suppliers must be clear and efficient, particularly when it comes to deadlines.

Another part of my job was taking part in meetings with the Fashion Coordinator of Timeout, with the purpose of discussing moodboards and trend inspirations for next summer collection. Having an Italian design background was very helpful in the decision-making process, but I had to deal with Eastern European customers’ demand, which does not always match current fashion trends.

Bologna is a beautiful city and I have been lucky enough to have my office in one of the historical centre’s main streets.

Next week I will be attending a fashion fair called Moda Makers which I am super excited for!

Until next time,
Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.