A blog from the University of Borås

Friday 24 May 2019

Business Development Internship - part 3


Hi again,         

So this will be my last blogpost from my business development internship, I can’t still grasp how fast time has passed, it feels like I entered the office for the first time yesterday – but time flies by fast when you have fun? Yesterday, a big milestone in my internship were accomplished. My supervisor asked me in the beginning if I wanted to present my findings for the extended team, where people from the management group is included. I said with confidence “of course” to this, and yesterday was the day when I had my presentation. The presentation went very well, however, I was a bit nervous before since I knew that the duration of my presentation were about 30 minutes – which is quite much according to me, when you are all by yourself. The feeling afterwards, when you have pushed yourself out of your comfort zone and succeed is indescribable, it felt like I walked on clouds out of the meeting room. The content of the presentation was like mentioned the findings from the work I has done at the company, which is a 30-page long report. I got the restriction from my supervisor to only have 3-4 slides, which actually was a big challenge for me – to squeeze 30-pages into 3-4 slides (haha). Another aspect which were challenging to my, was that the company asked me to bring out concrete recommendations in terms of forward thinking, but I managed that as well, and we had a really good discussion/question-round after my presentation. The last 2 weeks of my internship, I have got the opportunity to test and incorporate my findings in an actual case, which is such an exciting opportunity.

I have been really busy with internship related tasks, however I am also soon at the final phase at my academic report, which basically is a short summary of my long report, but of course with more emphasis on prior research. It will be some late nights the upcoming weeks in order to manage the deadline, since I’m presenting 3rd June. I’m really grateful for this field study opportunity, it has been really meaningful and further one good way to step out of the comfort zone. Like I said in my first blogpost, I can’t wait until graduation, but it’s only one year left and there in between it is summer. Life is good!

Over and out for me,
/ Maria Zetterberg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.