A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 9 May 2016

Emotional bond

Time goes super fast at the production office at Acne Studios.

My 9 hour work days usually consist of certain basic daily things but no day is ever similar from the other - I help product developers with their daily tasks by assisting them as much as I can. I cut fabrics, send out technical packs of fabric, trims, patterns and so on to our suppliers and follow up the production of our styles. I also follow fitting sessions and see the talented product developers at work.

Compared to the first weeks working here, I feel that I am much more on the map what is comes to collections. Since we are on three collections (in different phases of course - currently AW16, PSS17 & SS17) it was first hard to keep track on which style, fabric and pattern was a part of which season. Since I am pretty much responsible of putting together collection overviews with Illustrator and inDesign, I now can say that I know our styles pretty well and thus all the pre-production work makes much more sense.

I have noticed to start forming an emotional bond to the styles I work with. How great feeling it is to open up a parcel from Italian clothing factory and see a well-tailored and well-made style basically "straight from the oven" - especially after collecting all the needed components with my very own hands just a couple of days before? The answer: Super great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.