A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 23 May 2016

Line release

This week will be especially busy and exciting, since soon it is time for Acne Studios' PRE SS17 line release. Before the line will be shown to the public, there is plenty of buzz and fuss behind the scenes.

The garments are flying in from our suppliers all over the world, they need to be unpacked, checked, steamed, styled and presented the best way possible. Currently I am working outside the office, in our thus-far-secret location where the line will be presented. The line will also be shown in Paris (with most of media coverage) and Tokyo and we need to make sure to ship and show them garments in their best state.

These days steamer is basically glued to my hand and my eyes are glued to the clothes, since I can already watch the garments with a bit more practiced and exact eye. As I work for woven womenswear department, it is truly amazing to see the whole collection including menswear, denim, leather and knitwear under the same roof! I cannot wait for you to see our beautiful collection, too.

This will be my last blog entry so far even though I keep working for Acne until mid-october when it is time to showcase the SS17 MAIN collection in the Paris fashion week. I hope everyone has enjoyed their internships as much as I have - I wish you all a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.