A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 2 May 2016

Assistant buyer at Jollyroom

It has already been two weeks since my last update and the time flies by so quickly! Since then I have learned much more and I have got more responsibilities. I feel I have now really been introduced to what it means to work as an assistant buyer at an e-commerce company. I have participated at purchasing meetings where new collections are presented by the vendors and we go through what new products that will be interesting to take in to the assortment at Jollyroom. I have also created replenishment orders for the already existing products at the company. The goal is to keep stock levels at desired volumes, where I analyse key factors such as current stock levels and demand.   


My supervisor at Jollyroom has also given me an assignment to do a fashion forecasting for children’s wear for SS17. It will be exciting to see what I will find out and if I can predict the future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.