A blog from the University of Borås

Sunday 29 May 2016

The end has arrived

... Here I am two months later, writing my last post for this internship, and what a journey it has been!

Working at How has taught me a lot, not only about the fashion industry but also about the importance of accuracy and above all what its really like to run a fashion business.

Running a fashion business sounds like a lot of creative fun, which it is, but its mostly a lot of non-creative less-fun finance. The non-creative less-fun part of the fashion business is what I've been working with for the past months, and believe it or not; I've enjoyed it! The costumers of How, have however not always enjoyed the financial part of the business, which is why its been so amazing to be a part of the help that the company actually provides. They've taught me that anyone is able to achieve anything, as long as they can realise that no man alone is able to know everything, sometimes you need help.

I have now a deeper understanding for how the fashion industry is build up, and its been amazing to be able to learn how the foundation of the company actually is set up.

So whats my advice for all the creative fashion lovers out there?

- Learn to love your financial numbers as well!

Rasha Matlak


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.