A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 2 May 2016

Sixth week starting

It has already been five weeks since I started and I’m now starting the sixth week of my internship at Junkyard and I feel like I’ve increased my knowledge in the field of purchasing greatly. More or less, I’ve been doing the same tasks since the weeks before but some tasks have been added and are now more complicated. I also work more on my own than the weeks before and I feel more confident in doing the tasks by myself.

I’ve been doing order placements, dealing with samples and then talking to the suppliers about the samples. Also, I’ve been working in the line lists of the different internal brands and seasons, doing changes with prices etc. Also, I was at their office in Trollhättan again working with a pair of jeans and seeing how things work over there. Another task that we have been doing is changing a lot of names on the different products.

The other intern and I also presented an analysis of competitive brands that we had worked on the week before. We looked at prices, colors, prints and other major trends right now etc.

These are the competitors we looked at and analyzed:


We got great feedback from the presentation and it’s a useful tool to do an analysis in order to keep up with the competitors. Also, I’m really glad to have learned more about fabrics and qualities as well because that is something I feel like I didn’t know much of before starting my internship at Junkyard.

I’m looking forward to continue this internship and see what the next coming weeks will bring!

Hope everyone else is having a good time :)

/Lina Forsman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.