A blog from the University of Borås

Friday 20 May 2016

New insights!


Hejsan everyone!

This last week has been filled with a lot of action. In order to get a wider view of how a fashion company works outside the quality assurance department I got the opportunity to participate in several different meetings at the other departments in the house. As I’ve mention before I do my internship at a company that owns three different brands, which all works in totally different ways… Therefor I decided to focus on one of the brands to see how they work. In order to gain further understanding of how the process works when creating new collections, a meeting with the designers was scheduled. They talked about how the process is done from inspiration seminars to inspiration trips, to color scouting and sketching, and how a new collection is built up based on these experiences. Very impressive according to my not-so-creative mind! I participated in their assortment check for SS17 where the designers and buyers presented their visions and ideas for next spring. Very inspiring and interesting to see how their inspiration trips has transformed into collections! After this meeting I got to meet with the purchase controller who described how the process of follow-up previous seasons works, in order to plan the upcoming ones. She showed that there is lot of numbers and how the budget is controlled and distribute in order to divide the budget for the buyers, the market department and the other departments. Another meeting with the marketing department made me realize how hard it can be to reach out to the right costumers and to make them see the company among all the other companies that has the similar costumer segment. The marketing department here also works with photo shoots and different campaigns, which is not so common for bigger companies. When I saw how all these departments works together I realized that the more you do in-house with easy communication, the better for the out coming results, since this creates a kind of completeness that permeates the whole brand.

All best!


/ Clara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.