A blog from the University of Borås

Thursday 5 May 2016

Blog Entry II | Kilian Kernern Berlin

The first month of my internship at KILIAN KERNER is now over and everything is settled down…damn it...time is passing by so fast! I can’t imagine that I left Borås couple of weeks ago. But I have to say… don’t miss it…not at all…I mean I got my daily working routine and I am fully aligned to the team. I have gained a lot of new skills out of the many new experiences and impressions I got during the first weeks. One main and important part, of broadening my holistic view and skills, is to work and collaborate with the suppliers. I get to know every kind of fabrics and textiles…the quality, the composition, the price, how it feels, where it comes from…finally I can use the theoretical knowledge I gained during the previous courses…once…I had a funny experience with a Turkish supplier in Berlin. I am at least once a week there and once he offered me traditional Turkish tea and told me that is how you do negotiate the Turkish way. I have to tell…I kind ‘a liked it…now…every time when I come to his fabric storage we first drink a cup of tea and then doing business. Long story short…everything is going well and I’m looking forward to what happen next.



XOXO Mate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.