A blog from the University of Borås

Saturday 21 May 2016

It's done and done.

Last blog entry. Can you believe it? I can't.
Last two weeks kept me quite busy. I spent most of my time doing my daily work tasks that included handling the social media channels, designing newsletters and web campaigns as well as writing advertisement texts and finishing the promotional catalogue for press and distributors.

Besides, I got to spend a day in the production department, where I learned about the buyer's job tasks, saw how to work with samples and got an overview of various work processes. I was also able to ask a bunch of questions and got a clear understanding how the production department works.

Lastly, I was able to arrange a meeting with the head of the financial department, who talked about different financial aspects a company needs to take into consideration when doing business with various countries and using foreign currency. This was by far the most interesting conversation I've had, because this is the area I know least about, but it's one of the most important aspects of running a profitable business.


And yesterday we all ate cake...obviously. And celebrated my time at Elvine. I'm definitely happy that I chose Elvine for my internship, because I met some great people, but more importantly, learned a lot about my future professional field.

Marion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.