A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 16 May 2016

Fitting day



 As interns, we have our own room, and big tables where we can draw sketches and measure things.
            There is also a fitting room, where all the samples are hanging, and where they are tried on before sending feedback to suppliers about the second sample. Today I got the chance to see how the supplier and the designer can have different visions about the same sketch. It is extremely important that the measurement chart follows the sketch with the measurement arrows. Not even that is a guaranty that the sketch will turn into the right finished garment, as imagined by the designer in the first place. The gap between those two different visions can be a result of misleading (or non-existing) comments which follow measurement charts.
            So! That's it! My last blog entry, my last week of internship, my last week(s) in Sweden. I guess when it comes to the end, you start thinking about the beginning. I am really grateful for everything I learnt in my Company. I was lucky with this opportunity, for it was so difficult to find any kind of an internship. I made some really nice friends here. They made my working days fly by so fast. And, the most important: this internship really broaden my horizons. I discovered a new field in which I would like to try my chances in. It opened a whole new world of possibilities for me.
            I hope you are doing well, and I am looking forward to see you at the Big Presentation Day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.